Past Events >>
BCBC AGM with Special Guest Speaker
- the approval of the minutes of the 51st Annual General Meeting
- approval of the financial statements of the Business Council for the year ending December 31, 2017
- approval of the new bylaws and constitution
- announcement of our new Chair
- the election of new members of the Executive Committee and Board of Governors
- reports from the Chair and President
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
7:15am - Registration & Networking Breakfast
7:45am - AGM Call to Order
9:00am - Event Concludes
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
801 West Georgia Street
Individual - $50 + GST
Limited seating Available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register
(BCBC Members Only)
Hon. John Horgan, Premier of British Columbia
John Horgan was elected MLA for the new riding of Langford- Juan de Fuca in 2017. He was first elected to the legislature in 2005 as MLA for Juan de Fuca, and has been re-elected three times. He became leader of the BCNDP in 2014.
A husband and father, John and his wife Ellie have two grown sons. John and his siblings were raised in Saanich by his mother, after his father passed away when he was very young. John grew up playing sports and was a natural leader at school, on the basketball court and in the lacrosse box.
As a young man John worked in a B.C. mill and in a joinery. He earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Trent University in Ontario and Sydney University in Australia. A meeting with Tommy Douglas sparked his interest in social democracy, and he went on to work for members of parliament in Ottawa.
A cancer survivor, he is a passionate advocate for health care, public schools and community services for families.