The Business Council of British Columbia hosted the 53rd Annual General Meeting & Summer Social on Thursday, June 20, 2019.
New in 2019, six young leaders joined our Board of Governors as at-large members. One of the major focuses in recent years is engaging the next generation's diversity of perspectives and applying their creative minds to the challenges and policy choices we face. We look forward to their big ideas on the actions needed so that future generations can flourish in the 21st century economy.
The meeting was chaired by Business Council Chair, Sue Paish and included recognizing the important contributions of our retiring and current Executive Committee & Board of Governors as well as welcoming new members.
Following the AGM, we hosted an inter-generational panel discussion and reception with the new At-Large members.
- Chief Willie Sellars, Williams Lake Indian Band
- Gavin Dew, Founder of Forum for Millennial Leadership and Executive Director, External Relations, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
- Carling Dick, Account Director, Earnscliffe Strategy Group
- Shaheen Chaudhary, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Pragilis Solutions
- Sara Goldvine, Senior Manager, Stakeholder Relations, Coast Capital Savings
- James Hoffele, Socio-Economic Project Management Specialist, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority