On November 16, 2018, the Business Council of British Columbia hosted the sixth annual BC Business Summit, Canada 360° - Action to Win in the Global Economy. Our program canvassed national and international perspectives on Canada’s risks, opportunities and business environment with a focus on the policy and leadership actions necessary to compete in the changing global marketplace. We also announced the creation of the B.C. Prosperity Index, to be launched in mid-2019.
KEYNOTE & FEATURED SPEAKERS:
- Hon. John Horgan, Premier of British Columbia
- Hon. Johnathan Wilkinson, Federal Minister of Fisheries, Oceans & the Canadian Coast Guard
- Josh Blair, Group President & Chief Corporate Officer, TELUS
- Sandra Stuart, President & CEO, HSBC Bank of Canada
- Andy Calitz, CEO, LNG Canada
- Prof. Tiff Macklem, Dean, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Prof. Bruce Pardy, Faculty of Law, Queen's University
- Carole Anne Hilton, CEO, The Indigenomics Institute
- DJ Sures, CEO & Founder, SynthIAM
- Judi Hess, CEO, Copperleaf
- Ivy Can Zhang, CEO, Noah Canada Wealth Management
B.C. companies competing on the global stage
- Sandra Stuart, Group General Manager, President & CEO, HSBC Bank Canada (Contributing Moderator)
- Karn Manhas, Founder & CEO, Terramera
- Ravi Saligram, CEO, Ritchie Bros.
- Scott Thomson, President & CEO, Finning
The talent advantage in the global economy
- Valerie Walker, Executive Director, Business/Higher Education Roundtable (Contributing Moderator)
- Brent Cameron, Board Chair, Boyden Canada; Vancouver Managing Partner, Boyden
- Jack Chen, Assistant General Counsel, Employment Policy & Society, Microsoft Corproation
- Nahal Yousefian, Chief People Experience Officer, Mountain Equipment Co-op
Thank you again to our sponsors for their generous support, including:
- Presenting Sponsors: Chartered Professional Accounts & Microsoft.
- Leader Sponsors: Enbridge & HSBC.
- Technology Sponsor: Encana
- Video Sponsor: Borden Ladner Gervais
- Partner Sponsors: BC Hydro, Maritime Employers Association, Bennett Jones, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, Canadian Energy Pipeline Association, Deloitte, Ledcor, Stantec, Waste Connections of Canada.
- Supporting Sponsors: Air Canada, BNSF Railway, Concert Properties, TD Bank, University of Northern British Columbia.