A summary and comparison of the 2017 platform proposals of the BC Liberal Party, the BC New Democratic Party and the BC Green Party in advance of the upcoming election.
As we enter the home stretch of the 2017 BC Provincial Election, the Business Council of British Columbia has compiled a summary of platform proposals of the BC Liberal Party, the BC New Democratic Party and the BC Green Party.
This document is not a comprehensive listing of all commitments contained in the three platforms. It covers the platform proposals and commitments that Business Council policy staff judge to be most salient, including those in the areas of (click to be taken to the page):
For commentary and analysis from the Business Council of BC on key aspects of the parties' election commitments, follow our blog series which will look at topics including fiscal policy, taxation, innovation, human capital and transportation.
- Election Series Blog #1: Fiscal Planning and the Economic Cycle
- Election Series Blog #2: MSP Premiums Commitments and the potential for 55% Personal Income Tax Rates
- Election Series Blog #3: Housing Affordability, Supply and Related Tax Policy Issues
- Election Series Blog #4: Post Secondary Education and Innovation in the Party Platforms
- Election Series Blog #5: Party Platforms Devote Little Attention to Making BC More Competitive